Junta cut off electricity and telecommunication in Zar D village
April 4, 2025
HURFOM: Since the second week of March, 2025, the military junta had been advancing into Zar D village track, Dawei Special Economic Zone, Yebyu Township, Tenasserim Division and cut off electricity and telecommunication in the area.
After the military junta and the Russia government agreed to re-establish the project of Dawei Special Economic Zone on February 25th, a regiment consisted of about 300 troops has been advancing into villages nearby the project area since March 15th.
Then, the military junta has cut off electricity and telecommunication in Zar D village track since the second week of March, 2025.

“Telecommunication is cut off in our village. we can’t make a contact anymore. The regiment haven’t left the area. They are active nearby Zar D village,” said a resident from Zar D village track.
On April 2nd, the regiment had arrested a Zar D villager and a Kaung Pyan villager.
“Two 50-year-old men and a 40-year-old man from Kaung Pyan village were arrested and some villagers from Zar D village were also in detention. It’s difficult to confirm as we don’t have telecommunication network,” said a villager living nearby Zar D village track.
The military advance has forced the entire population from Kaung Pyan, Dike Ta Kaw, Kyauk Hta Yan, Kway Ma Phaw, Zar D Yaw Ma, Thit Hla Taw, Ah Nout Kone and nearby villages to flee home.
The displaced community has taken shelter at nearby plantation, Yebyu, Kan Bauk and Dawei Cities.
“We’re afraid of possible armed clash and packing our belongings to move out,” said a resident.
Since after the Yan Kan Taung battle in December, 2024, the junta cut off electricity and telecommunication network in Zar D village track and they redistributed the electricity to the village only in late February, 2025. Now, they have cut off electricity and telecommunication network in the area again.